sopropyl alcohol is a common name for propan-2-ol, a colourless, flammable chemical compound with a strong odor. Isopropanol is the main ingredient in rubbing alcohol and is used as a disinfectant, and is a common solvent. In pyrotechnics it is commonly mixed with water. The isopropanol alcohol reduces the surface tension in a mixture and makes the water actually "wetter". This increases the absorption rate much faster than it would with just plain water.
It can be easily bought from supermarkets, pharmacies, and chemists in the form of isopropanol rubbing alcohol.
Isopropyl alcohol is flammable. It should be kept away from heat and open flame. Isopropyl alcohol is oxidized by the liver into acetone. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anaesthesia, and coma. Use in well-ventilated areas and use protective gloves while using. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption.